About Me

My photo
I am from Sheboygan, WI and recently moved to Darien with my boyfriend. I graduated college with a degree in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy and found myself not knowing what I want to do with my life. I have a lot of interests and need to work to narrow it down in order to find my true passion.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mixed Prints

I would just like to say that there are a lot of unfortunate looking people out there, and it wouldn't be so bad except most of them accentuate it by what they're wearing. Actually most of it is from how they are dressed.

Yesterday at work, I saw a woman who normally wouldn't be bad looking except that she was wearing black and white army print skinny jeans with a sparkly black and white leopard print top...

Ladies Urban Camo PantsAZI Jeans - Forwear New York Fashion Apparel Scoop Neck, Herringbone Leopard Print, Long Sleeve Woman's Tunic Top

Imagine something like those mixed together in one outfit...

What are people thinking? Mixing prints is a hard thing to accomplish, and that is definitely not working out. If you really want to mix prints, Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear will tell you to make one print big and the other one miniscule. For example:


Old Navy Womens Argyle Cardigans
Here is a really cute argyle cardigan from Old Navy.

Joe Benbasset Striped Textured Bootcut Pants
You could easily pair it with these pinstripe pants from Kohl's. The stripes are miniscule compared to the argyle, so it actually will look nice together.
 
Gloria Vanderbilt Perfect Fit Plaid Trouser Pants
You could even pair it with these plaid pants from Kohl's. The plaid is very subtle so it won't clash with the argyle print.
Even though we always say "Don't judge a book by its cover" the fact is that we do. People judge others by how they look. Next time you walk out of the house, think about how you're dressed.

1 comment:

  1. I got all dressed up today, went to Wal-Mart, came home and realized that my new skirt still had the tag hanging out the back. Classy.

    ReplyDelete