About Me

My photo
I am from Sheboygan, WI and recently moved to Darien with my boyfriend. I graduated college with a degree in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy and found myself not knowing what I want to do with my life. I have a lot of interests and need to work to narrow it down in order to find my true passion.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Fitting Room Etiquette

This is for those of you who have never worked in retail and don't realize how difficult it is to keep a store clean.

1. Read the signs. If they tell you to only take a certain amount of items in the fitting room, then maybe you shouldn't take like 20 items in with you. If they kindly ask you to place your unwanted items on the rack on your way out, maybe you should kindly do so. There is a reason for everything, so obviously those signs are there for a reason.

2. As mentioned in most fitting rooms, please bring your unwanted items outside of the fitting room you were just in and place it on the rack that says unwanted merchandise, or something of the sort. It is very unpleasant walking in a fitting room to find nothing on the rack and fitting rooms full of clothes hanging or even sitting in piles on the floor. Are people really that lazy? I can't imagine what their closets must look like. Point is, you're not at home. Please be polite and put your things on the unwanted rack.

3. Speaking of piles on the floor, PLEASE put your clothes back on the hangers. It can't possibly be that difficult to hang something. If it is, I definitely do not want to see your closet.

4. If you decide after you leave the fitting room that you do not want an item, it is not okay to just place it anywhere in the store. That just makes you a pain in the butt. Instead, there are fitting rooms all over the store, along with employees, or you could even give it to one of the employees at the registers on your way out, just don't set it wherever you feel. That is my biggest pet peeve ever. At least in retail.

5. As mentioned in a previous post, please close the door when you are changing. It is just awkward and unpleasant walking into a fitting room and seeing someone else changing.

6. I would really appreciate if people didn't go into fitting rooms 15 minutes before the store closes with 50 items of clothing and leave 40 of them behind in the fitting room (not even on the rack). Yep, that one happened last week, and 40 is not an exaggeration. I was just about done cleaning everything up, and I was putting away one of the two piles of folded clothes I had left. I come back and there is a fitting room FULL of clothing. Absolutely ridiculous! I mean how impolite can you be? At least they were left mostly hanging, though I don't think there could have been one more item hung in there... Plus half of it was juniors clothing, which obviously was not for her... Just please be considerate!

7. Men, I would appreciate if when you tried on dress shirts, you wouldn't take out all the paper and cardboard, throw it all over the floor and leave it there, then take out the pins and leave them scattered, except for the few that you decide to use and scratch love notes into the doors with. There is a garbage can right outside the door. Not cool! I do have to say though, mens dressing rooms are BY FAR less messy than womens.

8. And remember to always wear underwear! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment