About Me

My photo
I am from Sheboygan, WI and recently moved to Darien with my boyfriend. I graduated college with a degree in Vocal Performance and Pedagogy and found myself not knowing what I want to do with my life. I have a lot of interests and need to work to narrow it down in order to find my true passion.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Full Moon

Ugh... what a night. It really is strange how you can tell when there's a full moon just by the customers that you get. It's true! Full moons do bring out the weird ones.

Tonight I really didn't have a lot of overly weird people at work, but my night was just a little bit tougher than normal. I just hate people some days. They're messy, disrespectful, lazy, and careless. It happened more than once tonight where I had the entire fitting room rack finally cleaned off and I was just waiting for the last fitting room to open up. Then when it finally did, I find a FULL fitting room with maybe one or two items hung and the rest on the floor. Seriously, how lazy can you be? I even heard a friend in one of the fitting rooms saying to the other girl "You're really just going to leave all this in here? You're so lazy." And I thought "Yes, finally someone who understands," and then they just left it all in there anyway. Really people? I feel like everyone needs to work in a direct customer service position to understand what it's like.

Later on, we were looking around for a hard tag in suspicion that someone had stolen some pants. I looked under a bench in a fitting room and found a pair of underwear. Unfortunately, it was not a pair of underwear that we sold in the store. Luckily, I did not touch them. I don't want to know what might be lurking in there. Sorry to whoever finds them next. I went on to recover my department and on a folding table I found a pair of pants and a bra that we do not sell in the store. Unfortunatley, I did not know that they were not from our store until I picked them up and looked at the brand. I was very unhappy to find I was touching someone's bra that they had been wearing for who knows how long. They went right into the dumpster, and I went right to the sink to wash my hands. Gross.

Another thing I found was damaged merchandise. First, I found a pair of gray leggings with a line of brown marker drawn down each leg. Are you trying to prove a point by doing that? Because I'm not understanding exactly what you're thinking... Then I found that someone must have really needed some plain old generic white buttons. They needed them so bad that they had to rip them off the front of a blouse. And it wasn't even all the buttons. Just 4 or 5. Plain white buttons. Are you really that cheap that you can't just go and buy some at Wal-mart? I'm sure you can get at least 50 plain white buttons just like that for about $1. But instead you had to go and damage a piece of perfectly good merchandise to get a few buttons. I just don't understand.

People are just frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment